2022 N McCoy Street, Phillips Street and Call Street Parking
Phillips Street Map
McCoy Street Map
Phillips & McCoy Street Reconstruction Update – 11-18-2022
Phillips Street Update – Plan to open to local traffic on Wednesday 11-23
The concrete crew has worked hard the last two weeks and has completed all the street paving, driveway pours, and the majority of the mainline sidewalk. Sidewalk ramps at all the intersections still remain but the crew plans to continue working on those while weather allows. Next week’s work will also include backfilling and cleaning up the site to get ready to open the road to local traffic on Wednesday at the latest. Traffic control will remain in place the week of the 28th while the concrete crew continues to work to ensure their safety. Short-term closures will occur in the areas where they are actively working. Thank you for your patience during this project.
Concrete Care Note
It is best practice to avoid using deicing salt for the first year of new concrete. Sand and grit are good alternatives for traction. If you must use salt, please use it sparingly. The City Street department is also aware of this but will make sure the roadway is safe for motorists to travel.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the on-site inspector, Matt Cole at 507-848-5208 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on this project, check out the project website!
Anticipated Start Date
Reding’s Gravel and Excavating
Sign up for project updates!
What's Under My Street?
Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- Improve street surface conditions
- Reduce sewer inflow and infiltration
- Increase water system flow capacity
- Replace deteriorating infrastructure
- Improve reliability and decrease maintenance
- Improve surface drainage conditions
Proposed Improvements – Reconstruction
- Street reconstruction; concrete pavement with subsurface drains
- Concrete driveway aprons, curb and gutter
- Sanitary sewer manhole replacement
- Water and sewer lines to property lines
- Replace watermain, hydrants, valves and fittings
- Concrete sidewalk replacement to meet ADA requirements
Call Street Parking Lot Improvements
- Lot reconstruction; concrete pavement with permeable pavers subsurface drains
- New layout for safer traffic flow
- Water quality improvements.
- Concrete bumpout at Moore Street with sidewalk replacement to meet ADA requirements
- Lighting improvements
- Streetscape updates to match Dodge Street