Construction Update – July 23, 2021
Work Completed Last Week
- Work on the Downtown Parking Lot and Rambling River Park Parking lot began.
- Existing gravel surface was reclaimed and turned to gravel.
- Existing concrete curb and gutter and other miscellaneous concrete was removed.
- Grading of the gravel base was completed.
Work Expected Next Week
- Downtown parking lot will reopen with a gravel surface.
- 3rd St from Elm St (CR 50) to Oak St will be closed to traffic. Pedestrian access will remain open.
- Removal of existing sidewalk within the closed street area will begin.
- Pouring of concrete will begin.
- If you have not done so already, businesses and tenants are encouraged to discuss pouring of concrete in front of your door with the field representative Miranda at the contact information below.
- Lane shifts on Elm St (CR 50) will begin to allow for work on pedestrian ramps at the intersection.
News & Notes
- Businesses with outdoor seating or furniture on the sidewalk within the project area must please remove it by July 26th.
- Please stay off of all newly poured concrete for at least 24 hours with foot traffic and 7 days for vehicle traffic unless you speak directly to the contractor before the concrete is poured.
Should business or property owners have any questions about this information or the project in general, please contact Miranda Etienne at (320) 223-3637.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and understanding throughout the process of improving your Downtown!
The City of Farmington has started a project to complete sidewalk replacements along 3rd Street in downtown this summer. The city has also partnered with Dakota County to include work along County Road 50 (Elm Street).
The project will entail removal of the existing sidewalk panels and paver bricks and replacement with standard concrete utilizing the city’s selected scoring pattern. In addition, the paver crosswalks at the intersection of 3rd Street and Oak Street will be removed and replaced with painted crosswalks, meeting today’s ADA standards.
Downtown will be open for business!
Access to downtown businesses will be maintained throughout the entire project. However, to facilitate construction, parking will be limited on 3rd Street. Other public parking in the downtown will be available during this time and we encourage use of these areas to allow the contractor to complete their work efficiently. Please see the “Business Owner Tool Box” page for upcoming information on project schedule and parking options.
We encourage you to sign up for project updates to stay current on the development of the project!