The City of Fairmont has initiated planning for the Lake Avenue Improvement Project. This project includes Blue Earth Ave/Lake Ave from S Park St to W 4th St.
The purpose of this project is to address:
- Aging infrastructure
- Pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
- Traffic operational and safety needs
- Business accommodations
The City is beginning the preliminary design phase of this project to identify what should be built in 2020. The project will also consider recommendations from the 2017 Fairmont Active Transportation Plan and the current Comprehensive Plan update.
- Lake Avenue Project Open House May 9, 5-7 pm @ Fairmont City Council Chambers 100 Downtown Plaza – Fairmont, Minnesota
- Recommended Concept presented thru Online Open House in June 2019
- Council action on Final Concept in July 2019
- Construction in 2020