2020 STREET IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
In 2020, the City of Orono will be making improvements to various roads throughout the city. These roads include Rest Point Lane, Togo Road, Livingston Avenue, Windjammer Lane, Briar Street, Fox Street, Lyman Avenue, and Smith Avenue. Weekly updates will be posted here once construction begins.
Weekly Update – June 3, 2020
Thursday (6/4) or Friday (6/5)
- A crew is scheduled to work on milling the pavement on Windjammer Lane & Rest Point Lane.
- A milling machine will chew up the top few inches of the road surface, they will sweep the material off the roadway, and then eventually place the new pavement.
- The crew will also be adjusting the sanitary sewer manholes & placing new castings.
- Hennepin County might still be working on Winjammer to finish some ditch grading.
- The contractor was going to try and rent a reclaimer machine and reclaim Smith & Lyman Ave. but this might get pushed till the following week.
Next week (6/8 – 6/12)
- Crews will continue to work on Rest Point & Windjammer Lane.
- A crew might head over to Smith Ave & Lyman Ave to reclaim the existing pavement.
- The reclaimer will grind up the pavement & rock underneath (base material), mix it all together, and then place it back on the ground. The road will then be graded and compacted till the new pavement is placed.
Open House Presentation
To learn more about this project, including construction details, impacts, and timelines, please watch the presentation below.
Note: make sure your volume is up, the presentation is narrated.