2020 STREET IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
In 2020, the City of Orono will be making improvements to various roads throughout the city. These roads include Rest Point Lane, Togo Road, Livingston Avenue, Windjammer Lane, Briar Street, Fox Street, Lyman Avenue, and Smith Avenue. Weekly updates will be posted here once construction begins.
Weekly Update – July 22, 2020
Thursday (8/6) and Friday (8/7)
- The contractor will have a crew on Togo Road. They will be removing the existing pavement and driveway entrances so they can construct the new road base.
- A crew will be starting to install the new storm sewer on Friday or Monday. Access throughout Togo Road will be limited but residents should always be able to get in and out of their driveways.
- There are a few water valves that either need to be replaced or newly installed. We are coordinating and planning a date for the water shutoff. Notices will be giving out once we decide on the day.
Next week (8/10 – 8/14)
- The contractor will continue construction on Togo Road.
- They will be building the road bed and begin prepping for concrete curb & gutter.
- The contractor is going to focus on Togo Road before they decide to begin construction on Livingston and Navarre. They don’t want to open up all three streets in case of rainy weather.
- There will be a water shutoff on Monday (8/10) from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. for all residents on Togo Road.
Open House Presentation
To learn more about this project, including construction details, impacts, and timelines, please watch the presentation below.
Note: make sure your volume is up, the presentation is narrated.