2021 STREET IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
In 2021, the City of Orono will be making improvements to various roads throughout the city. These roads include East Navarre, West Navarre, Eileen Street, Elm Street, Park Lane, Casco Point Road, Casco Circle, and Fagerness Point Road. Weekly updates will be posted here once construction begins.
Prior to the Street Improvements Project, the city will also be replacing the existing forcemain on Park Lane and Elm Street. This work is scheduled to begin the week of April 26th and is anticipated to wrap up toward the end of May. During this time, residents of Park Lane and Elm Street may experience temporarily restricted access. Access to residences will be restored at the end of each work day, and one lane of traffic will remain open for the duration of the project. Residents are asked to please use caution when traveling through the area. If there are any questions or concerns regarding the Forcemain Improvements project, please contact Project Representative Luke Connor at (507) 995-0465.
2021 Street Improvements
- There will be a crew on Park Lane and Elm Street Monday to finish placing topsoil, grading behind the curb, landscaping, and placing hydro-seed. The contractor will measure areas that call for sod and order it to be placed on a later date. There is a lot of different landscaping on Park and Elm so please contact your inspector if you want to look at your yard and make sure things are restored correctly.
- The contractor also plans on paving the final layer of asphalt on Park and Elm next week (weather permitting).
- Storm sewer crew is tentatively planned to start installing storm sewer on the north end of Casco Circle and Casco Point Road early next Tuesday. Street access in and out of Casco Circle will be limited next week. The contractor will do their best to keep one lane of traffic open at all times but due to the storm sewer depth and the safety of the workers, there will be times where the street is temporarily shut down for most of the day. We will do our best to notify residents when this occurs.
- There is a crew out on Casco Point and Casco Circle temporarily relocating communication lines so that the storm sewer can be installed next week.
- Next Wednesday or Thursday there will be a road closure at the intersection of Casco Circle and Casco Point. Notices will be handed out Monday when the date of the closure is finalized. During the road closure, everyone that lives on Casco Circle or Ivy Place will be either stuck out or stuck in once we shut down the street. Residents should have their vehicles parked out on Casco Point (on the shoulder) if they would like to leave during the day. The contractor will backfill the trench and make the road drivable at the end of each day.
Open House Presentation
To learn more about this project, including construction details, impacts, and timelines, please watch the presentation below.
Note: make sure your volume is up, the presentation is narrated.