As you may know, the City of Fergus Falls has been working to revitalize the downtown area. After years of work, the City is excited to commence the Downtown Riverfront Improvements Project – Phase 1. The improvements of the project will take place in the parking lot on the north side of the Otter Tail River. In addition, the area of Court Street adjacent to the parking lot will also be reconstructed to extend sewer and water to the improvements. Throughout the course of the summer the southernmost area of the parking lot will be converted into a multi-use gathering space and pedestrian facilities. More specifically, the space will include the following: a market structure, river overlook, small entertainment area, restroom, way finding kiosk while the northern part of the project will have a reconfigured parking area.
- Improve the asthetics and views of the Otter Tail River
- Provide opportunity for riverfront events and farmers market
- Increase pedestrian and bicycle access
- Redevelopment of Downtown Fergus Falls
- Improve the pavement surface of the parking area
- Improve rear access to businesses on Lincoln Avenue