The City is excited to continue the work on the Downtown Riverfront Improvements Project with Phase 2. The improvements of the project will take place in the parking lot on the north side of the Otter Tail River. This improvement will create a splash pad complete with geysers and play features, restroom, and picnic / seating areas. The north part of the project will consist of a reconfigured parking area.
- Improve the aesthetics and views of the Otter Tail River
- Provide a community splash pad and recreational area
- Increase pedestrian and bicycle access
- Redevelopment of Downtown Fergus Falls
- Tie together the improvements with the adjacent improvements
- Replace deteriorating infrastructure
- Splash pad complete with river and play features
- Decorative concrete pedestrian area
- Restroom structure
- Parking lot reconstruction
Contracts have been signed and contractors are working on procuring materials for construction starting in the spring. Tree removals will start this fall in anticipation of the project.