MnDOT Project Website:
The Hwy 21 bridges over the UP Railroad constructed in 1957 and over Sand Creek are in need of replacement, which will bring both bridges up to current standards. The project includes:
- Replace Highway 21 bridges over the Union Pacific Railroad and Sand Creek
- Reconstruct Highway 21’s pavement between Mill St. and south of Sand Creek Bridge
- Add a trail along the east side of Highway 21 for pedestrians and bicyclists from the Sand Creek bridge to Mill Street. In the 3 years, the City plans to extend this trail from the Sand Creek bridge to Sawmill Road.
- Repair erosion and drainage along Highway 21, including a swath of eroded land up the bluff along the east side of Highway 21
- The bulk of construction will occur between March and November 2020, with final cleanup work in Spring 2021
- TH 21 will be closed beginning Monday, March 9th at 6:00 AM.
- Hwy 21 between Mill St. and just south of the Sand Creek Bridge in Jordan
- Provides smoother ride
- Restores pavement
- New and improved bridge railings to meet current safety standards
- New trail and sidewalks for biking and pedestrians, and to facilitate future pedestrian facility extensions