10th Street & 4th Street Improvements
Construction Newsletter #1 – August 5, 2022
2022 Street & Utility Improvements
Construction Update – August 5, 2022
- Tom’s Backhoe has completed sanitary main installation on 4th Avenue from 2nd Street to 3rd Street. They have also completed sanitary main installation on all of 3rd Street. Next week, they plan to finish running the sanitary main down 4th Avenue going South of 3rd Street, then continue working on sanitary services. Once this is completed, all sanitary main and service installation for the project will be finished.
- After completing sanitary, Tom’s Backhoe will start watermain installation on 4th Avenue at the intersection of 2nd Street & 4th Avenue working South. They anticipate starting this towards the end of next week.
- Hulstein has poured new concrete roads on all of 3rd Avenue and 4th Street, and on 3rd Street from 2nd Avenue through the 3rd & 3rd intersection. They plan to continue doing intersection tie-ins this Friday and next Monday. Please do not drive on the new road until we open it. There are still many fresh concrete areas that are not ready for traffic.
- Hulstein has started grading out the sidewalks on 3rd Avenue from 2nd Street to 3rd Street. They are using a curb/sidewalk paving machine to do this. They plan to start pouring sidewalk on 3rd Avenue next week.
- Once the sidewalk has been poured and allowed time to cure, Hulstein plans to open the roads that are paved to neighborhood traffic only. We will keep you updated on a set date for this to happen. Thank you for your patience.