June 27, 2023
- Since the last project update, the Contractor has completed concrete walk and driveways as well as seeding all boulevard areas.
- The project requires that the Contractor maintain the seeded areas for 30 days to get the grass established. After this maintenance period, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to continue to maintain their lawns.
- Later this week, the contractor will be mowing these areas to control weed growth and will also apply fertilizer to assist in the grass establishment.
- THE CONTRACTOR SEEDING MAINTENANCE PERIOD WILL BE ENDING ON JUNE 30, 2023.
- Please continue to water and mow (at a high setting) these seeded areas. This will help control the weeds and let the grass become established. After being mowed two or three times, a light herbicide application (safe for grass) can be used to help eliminate the weeds and establish the grass. Homeowners are also encouraged to follow the advice of their lawn care service if they have one.
- There are a few bare spot areas where the grass has not germinated. These areas have been identified and will be reseeded in the Fall when the weather is appropriate. With that said, please continue to maintain the areas where the grass seed has begun its growth, as these areas will become established with the appropriate care.
- Other than grass establishment, the only remaining item to be completed on the project is to pave the western ‘dead-end’ driveway area.
- We appreciate everyone’s patience during the progress of this project. Please contact Bolton & Menk staff (Justin Olson) at 507-848-6927 or the City Engineering office with any questions or concerns.