July 23, 2021
This Week (Week of July 19)
- The Diffley Marketplace access from Lexington Avenue will be temporarily shifted through early next week (week of July 26). This traffic shift is to allow for paving and curb work to occur. Access will still be maintained from Lexington Avenue, but please view the temporary access route map for more information.
- Continued curb work for the new access road and portions of Diffley Road.
- All storm sewer work is anticipated to be completed by the end of the week.
- Completed retaining wall construction.
- Continued private utility relocation work.
- Continued lighting system construction.
Next Week (July 26)
- Curb work for the new access road and portions of Diffley Road will continue.
- Paving work for the new access road and portions of Diffley Road will begin.
- Installation of concrete sidewalks is anticipated to begin.
- Lighting system construction will continue.
- Private utility relocation work will continue.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Access
During construction, access to the pedestrian and bicycle routes will be provided via the route shown on the Pedestrian and Bicycle Access Map on the project website. These designated pedestrian access routes will be marked with signage and traffic control devices. Please stay within the designated pedestrian access routes. These routes may vary slightly during construction, specifically at Daniel Drive, Braddock Trail, and the Diffley Marketplace Entrance.
Next Week Access Changes:
- Due to increased construction activity at the Braddock Trail/Diffley Road intersection, pedestrians and bicyclists should exercise extra caution when traveling in the area. Those crossing Diffley Road at Braddock Trail should follow signs to the delineated crossing location. This location may change as work progresses through the intersection and could move throughout the day.
- There will be additional construction activities at the school parking lot and Diffley Marketplace entrances. Pedestrians and bicyclists should exercise extra caution when traveling in the area.
If you have any questions or concerns, please review the project FAQs or reach out through the project email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hotline (612-258-2918). Thank you for your patience while this important improvement project is underway!