Dague Avenue is a narrow roadway with deteriorated pavement and no pedestrian facilities. The City of Buffalo is experiencing residential growth in this area. The Dague Avenue project will replace the deteriorated pavement and increase the safety and capacity with the addition of turn lanes, shoulders, a roundabout and pedestrian trails.
The proposed Dague Avenue Improvements Project is located along the northeast extents of the City of Buffalo. The project includes improvements to the streets, storm sewer, and pedestrian facilities. The proposed improvements are along the following streets:
- Dague Avenue – CSAH 35 to 40th Street NE
- 30th Street NE – Dague Avenue to 1 block east of Maple Avenue
Project Update: October 14, 2021
High School Entrance to South Bus Garage Driveway:
- Storm sewer is being installed and grading work is now occurring in this area
- The roadway is expected to be completed to a gravel surface by Friday, Oct. 22
- High School access is from south via County Road 35
- Bus Garage access is from the north via 30th Street NE
North Bus Garage Driveway to 30th Street:
- Pavement removals begin the week of October 25
- Bus garage access will be from the south via County Road 35
- Grading, storm sewer and street work is expected to last until late November
Construction will begin in September 2021. The project is schedule for substantial completion by October 2022.
See the Project Flyer for additional project details.