A phased construction schedule has been proposed by Northwest Asphalt as shown in the Phasing Map at the bottom of this page. The following is an overview of the upcoming project schedule:
Week of September 16th
- Sod was installed on Tyler Ave (Stage 2). Residents in this area received sod care and warranty notices.
- Sidewalks were installed on Hiawatha Ave (Stage 3) and Lake St NE (Stage 5).
- Gravel base installation wrapped up on Cambridge St (Stage 4B).
- The bridge on Cambridge St (Stage 4B) remains to traffic in both directions. The sidewalk was poured on the south side of the bridge this week. During the bridge closure, access will be maintained to local Cambridge St businesses from Blake Rd and a detour will remain in place for Van Buren apartment traffic. Pedestrians will not be allowed to cross the bridge and should use the new sidewalks on Van Buren Ave and Lake St to access Blake Rd.
Week of September 23rd
- Concrete curb & gutter will be poured on Cambridge St (Stages 4A & 4B).
- Restoration work will continue on Tyler Ave, Lake St, Van Buren Ave, and Hiawatha Ave (Stages 1 – 3).
- The bridge on Cambridge St (Stage 4B) will remain closed to traffic. Work on the bridge this week will include the new concrete approach panels. This work is anticipated to be complete in Mid-October.
- Turf restoration will be complete on Tyler Ave, Lake St, Van Buren Ave, and Hiawatha Ave (Stages 1 – 3).
- The first layer of asphalt will be paved on Cambridge St (Stages 4A and 4B).
- Final clean-up work will occur on the bridge on Cambridge St (Stage 4B).