Sherburne County, in partnership with the City of Zimmerman and MnDOT, is currently working on advancing improvement plans for Highway 169 at County Road 4. Once the 169 Redefine project is complete, the intersection at County Road 4 (Fremont Avenue) will be the only remaining traffic signal on Highway 169 between Onamia and Interstate 94 in Rogers. The purpose of this project is to remove this signal and replace it with an intersection design that improves safety and mobility through the area for all users.
The project map to the left shows the proposed areas of improvements, as of Sept. 2023, and is subject to change. Review the approved design layout now.
- Safely accommodate all users (motor vehicles, freight, transit, pedestrians, bicyclists)
- Provide efficient and reliable mobility and access for all modes of travel, from daily commuters to recreational tourists
- Develop plans for a connected and recognizable community
- Design resilient infrastructure improvements compatible with the natural and built environment
- Keep the public and partners engaged at each step toward realizing the vision
- Serve the commercial land uses with a transportation network that promotes economic viability
Click the image below to view a large version of the project schedule!
In 2021 Sherburne County secured $2 million in state funding for project design development. Currently the project team has secured $35.2M of the $57.2M estimated for construction. The county is actively pursuing additional funding from several state and federal sources for project construction and will provide updates as more funding is received.