Infrastructure improvements are planned to be constructed or reconstructed to provide the public with a sustainable system of roads, utilities, trails, and sidewalks to improve the City with greater connectivity among residents, safer traveling for vehicles and pedestrians, and a healthier quality of life. These improvements consist of the following components:
- Reconstruction of the streets listed below. This includes removing and reconstructing the entire right-of-way and improving the sub-base and existing storm sewer system.
- Main Street from Walnut Street to Maple Street.
- Walnut Street from 3rd Street West to 1st Street West.
- 3rd Street West from approximately 350 feet west of Cherry Street to approximately 200 feet east of Walnut Street.
- Cherry Street from 3rd Street West to 2nd Street West.
- Sidewalk reconstruction along both sides of Main Street and along the east side of Walnut Street.
- New sidewalk construction along the west side of Walnut Street and along the south side of 3rd Street to the east of Walnut Street.
- Trail reconstruction along the south side of 3rd Street West along the fairgrounds property.
- Sanitary sewer and watermain replacement along Main Street, Walnut Street, and 3rd Street West.
- Replacement of watermain along Waconia Parkway North from Sugarbush Park to Scott Lane.
- Mill & overlay of Oak Avenue from Hwy 5 to Waconia Parkway South.
- Trail reconstruction along both sides of Oak Avenue to the north of Hwy 5 and along the north side of Community Drive to the east of Wildcat Way.
- Paving of the asphalt upper layer of the road on 94th Street near the high school.
- Drainage improvements in Sugarbush Park.
- Drainage improvements near the Hwy 10 reinforced concrete structure (box culvert) located near Somerwood Drive.