2021 Pavement Management Project
Project Update – July 19, 2021
Ongoing Work (subject to change, weather dependent)
2021 Pavement Management Project
- Service cabinet work has been completed.
Sandy Hills – Phase 2
- Wear course work has been completed. Signage and striping will likely take place at the same time as the Pine Meadows neighborhood.
Pine Hills– Phase 3
- Driveway patching, pedestrian ramps, and topsoil placement have all been completed.
- Signage and striping work will likely be done at the same time as the Sandy Hills neighborhood.
- The schedule for milling work has changed slightly and will take place the 20th and 21st.
- Service cabinet replacements are scheduled to take place August 6th-August 9th.
Arbor Meadows – Phase 3
- Curb and gutter replacements have been completed. Utility work was also completed last week.
- The trail and play court have both been excavated. The pedestrian ramp will be placed after the trail is added.
Note: If curb is marked for removal in front of your driveway, you will maintain access to your driveway via a gravel ramp throughout the project except when the curb is being placed, is curing, and when the asphalt patch is placed. It will take 1 day to pour the curb, 5-7 days to cure, and 2-4 hours to remove and replace the asphalt driveway patch. During the curing period, we ask that you parallel park in front of your home to protect the new curb. If only a portion of the curb in front of driveway is marked for removal, you will always have access to your driveway on one side or the other.
Future Phases – All dates are subject to change.
Jamaica Avenue Part 1 – Phase 4: August 2nd
Jamaica Avenue Part 2 – Phase 5 : August 30th
Further details on the schedule of future phases will be provided in later email updates.
2021 Mill & Overlay Project
- The project is mostly complete, pavement work is done, and restoration work will occur on and off for the next couple weeks.
The 2021 Pavement Management Project includes the rehabilitation of the Pine Meadows 2nd, 4th, and 5th Additions; Sandy Hills 7th and 8th Additions; and East Meadow Cliff neighborhoods, along with Jamaica Avenue from 80th Street to Indian Boulevard, as shown in the Location Map below. The rehabilitation of these areas include full depth pavement removal and replacement, and spot sidewalk and concrete curb and gutter replacement. Minor spot utility repairs will be performed as needed on water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer. Also included in this project is:
- Park improvements to Arbor Meadows Park, including full depth pavement replacement and spot curb to the parking lot.
- Parking lot improvements to River Oaks Golf Course including full depth pavement replacement, sidewalk removal and replacement, and spot concrete curb and gutter replacement.
Announcements and Updates
- August 19, 2020 – Council Orders Feasibility Report
- December 2, 2020 – Council Receives and Approves Feasibility Report/Council Sets a Public Improvement Hearing Date
- December 10, 2020 – Hold Neighborhood Meeting
- January 6, 2021 – Council Holds Public Improvement Hearing/Council Orders the Preparation of the Plans and Specifications
- March 3, 2021 – Council Approves the Plans and Specifications
- March 25, 2021 – Project Bid Date
- April 7, 2021 – Contract Award
- Spring 2021 – Begin Construction
- September 2021 – Complete Construction
- September 2021 – Council Sets Assessment Hearing Date
- October 2021 – Council Holds Assessment Hearing
Have any questions about construction? Call the project hotline to leave a voicemail and a member of the project team will get back to you as soon as possible. We are also reachable by email. See contact info below.
Hotline Phone Number: 763-242-0780
Hotline Email Address: email@example.com