Construction Began on May 2nd!
Click here to view the weekly construction updates.
A construction open house was held on April 6th at 6:30 PM – See below for presentation
Construction Staging, Detour, and Available Turning Movements
Check out the anticipated construction stating map and detour route for more information on impacts and project schedule!
Le Sueur County CSAH 36 Improvements
CSAH 36 (S Main Street), within the City of Le Sueur, needs improvements to address failing pavement and underground utilities. Utility improvements will include sanitary sewer – including the extension of sanitary sewer to City Limits, watermain, storm sewer, and City Electric. This project also provides the opportunity to improve connections and safety for pedestrians and motorists.
The proposed project area will include the following street sections:
- CSAH 36 (S Main Street) from the southern City Limits to Ferry Street
- CSAH 36 (Ferry Street) from S Main Street to 4th Street
- Ferry Street from the West Parking Lot to S Main Street
- April 26, 2021 – Call for Public Improvement Hearing on 6/28
- June 9, 2021 – Hold Neighborhood Info Meeting in Library Parking Lot
- June 28, 2021 – Public Improvement Hearing
- July 2021 – Order Preparation of Plans & Specs
- January 13, 2022 – Hold Public Neighborhood Info Meeting
- February 2, 2022 – Advertise for bids
- February 24, 2022 – Receive Bids
- April 6, 2022 – Hold Neighborhood Info Construction Meeting
- May 2, 2022 – Begin Construction
- September 8, 2022 – Hold Neighborhood Info Assessment Meeting
- September 12, 2022 – Hold Assessment Hearing
- September 26, 2022 – Adopt Assessment Roll
- October 2022 – Construction Substantial Completion
- November 2022 – Approve Certification of Assessment Roll & File with County Auditor