County Road 70 Expansion Project
Dakota County, in partnership with the City of Lakeville, is progressing through the final stages of design for reconstruction of County Road 70 from Kenrick Avenue to Cedar Avenue. See the Project Layout & Construction Staging page to view the final design layout and construction staging plan to begin in 2020.
Expansion to a four-lane divided roadway will address concerns for safety and congestion on a critical roadway that provides connections to a major and growing truck and business area.
The final design layout includes:
- Expanding the county road from a 3-lane to a 4-lane divided roadway
- Constructing turn lanes at major intersections
- Improving drainage
- Managing access
- Reconstructing signals to accommodate the additional lanes
The expansion of County Road 70 will provide several benefits to the corridor and the area.
The proposed project will:
- Add capacity to a major truck and business area that continues to grow
- Reduce delays
- Address various drainage issues
- Develop a plan that meets principal arterial access requirements with stakeholder support
- Provide safety improvements for all users
- Accommodate needs for the next 20 years of growth
- Design – 2018-2019
- Right of Way acquisition – 2019-2020
- Construction – 2020-2021
The interactive graphic below provides a few statistics about the public engagement efforts to date.
See the Stay Involved page for more details.
Online open house materials to be released mid-July! Check out the Stay Involved tab for more information!
Be sure to bookmark the county’s project website to view construction updates!
Provide your input here!
Click the image below to share your input with the project team and public. Interact with comments shared by others and responses from the project team!
Sign up for project updates!
City of Lakeville
Bolton & Menk
Dakota County Website: https://www.co.dakota.mn.us/