What is a Comprehensive Plan?
A Comprehensive Plan defines the vision, goals and aspirations for the long-term development and redevelopment of the community. The plan is intended to shape land use and transportation patterns, conserve natural resources, and identify needs for utilities, housing and parks and open space. The Comprehensive Plan also guides decisions on both public and private investments in infrastructure and facilities.
The City of Scandia Comprehensive Plan addresses the following:
- Future Land Use
- Housing Needs
- Natural Resources
- Public and Individual Utilities
- Parks and Trails
- Economic Opportunities
Why Update the Comprehensive Plan?
State law requires all municipalities in the 7-county metropolitan area update their Comprehensive Plans at least every 10 years. Local plans must align with the Metropolitan Council’s regional system plans related to highways, transit, airports, wastewater services, parks and open space. An updated plan must be submitted for Metropolitan Council review by December 31, 2018.
The Metropolitan Council has determined the Comprehensive Plan is complete. It is scheduled for review as follows:
- Community Development Committee – September 16th
- Environmental Committee – September 24th
- Full Metropolitan Council – October 9th
- Appendix A Scandia Survey Results
- Appendix B Focus Group Notes
- Appendix C Comprehensive Trails Master Plan Report
- Appendix D BMPR Official Map
- Appendix E Access Guidlines
- Appendix F Ordinance No. 189
- Appendix G Appendix-G-Action-Plan-Worksheets
- Appendix H Local Water Management Plan
- Appendix I Comment Tracker
- Appendix J Reports and Resolutions