Stage 3: May 1 – Mid/Late June (weather permitting)
- Highway 41 river bridge closed
- Highway 41 closed from river bridge through just north of the Highway 41/61 intersection
- Highway 61 closed between Highway 41 and Walnut Street
- 3rd Street and 4th Street are open to cross through Highway 41 to access local businesses and homes in downtown Chaska (the 3rd Street median has been removed to accommodate this crossing).
- Regional traffic, including semi haulers, will be detoured around the closure area via Highway 169, Highway 101, and Highway 212.
Stage 3 Parking Restrictions
View the stage 3 parking restrictions.
During Stage 3, the following parking areas will be closed:
- East side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 1st Street
- Both sides of Walnut Street between Highway 61 to 4th Street
- West side of Pine Street between Highway 61 and 1st Street
- Both sides of 4th Street between Pine Street and Walnut Street
Please park on other streets during this time or utilize one of the city parking lots. As a reminder, vehicles can only park in city lots for a maximum of 24 consecutive hours, and some blocks near Highway 41 have parking restrictions from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
What happened the week of May 29?
- Curb installation began at the Highway 41/61 intersection and continued near 1st Street.
- Utility installations continued along Highway 41.
- Crews continued placing a new gravel roadway base on Highway 41.
- Crews continued bridge deck work.
What will happen the week of June 5?
- Curb installation will continue.
- Utility installations will continue on Highway 41.
- Crews will continue placing new gravel roadway base on Highway 41.
- Crews will continue bridge deck work.
Downtown is open for business
Don’t forget: all of your favorite downtown businesses and destinations will be accessible during construction! View the Stage 3 access map to see which key intersections will be open as you navigate downtown in the coming weeks. Show your support this summer and shop local!