Project Hotline & Email
Highway 13 Construction
13-21 Construction Overview
Highway 13 Construction Overview
Downtown and 13-21 Intersection Construction Progress 0
Downtown Construction update: Stage 2 and Stage 4 begin in September!
August 22, 2019
Stage 2 details
Due to good project progress and the availability of additional crews, construction is anticipated to advance into Stage 2 on September 3. This includes the south leg of the Highway 13/County Highway 21 intersection, and County Highway 21 between Duluth Ave and Main Ave. County Highway 21 from Duluth Ave to West Ave will be open to traffic on a gravel surface with some construction activites, as shown with the red dashed line above. Drivers will be able to cross both Highway 13 and County Highway 21 via Duluth Ave during Stage 2. Stage 2 will last until November.
Stage 4 details
In order to consolidate work in the area, MnDOT will advance to Stage 4 in mid-September. This includes Highway 13 from Franklin Trail to County Road 12. Access will be maintained from County Road 12 to Panama Ave for local access. Work in Stage 4 will last into October.
Highway 13 Construction Progress 0
County Highway 21 Update
August 23, 2019
- Crews are currently working in Stage 1B
- Stage 2 will begin on September 3
- Stage 4 will begin in mid-September
- Crews installed storm sewer pipe this week from West Ave to Duluth Ave. Crews also began placing gravel on the roadway in preparation for wall installation, which will occur next week.
- Crews have taken dust control measures by spraying the roadway with water and calcium chloride.
Highway 13 Update
August 23, 2019
Click here to view the Highway 13 staging map.
- Stage 1 includes Highway 13 from Highway 282 to just east of Vergus Ave. View the Stage 1 resident access map for the best routes for residents that live around the Stage 1 area.
- Stage 2 includes Highway 13 from just west of 180th St to just west of Fairlawn Ave.
- Stage 4 begins in mid-September and includes Highway 13 from County Road 12 to Franklin Trail
This week, crews finished installing half of the 6-foot pipe. Next week, crews will finish installing the pipe and begin pulling the supportive trench structures early next week. After the structures are pulled crews will then begin backfilling the trench in preparation for paving, which is anticipated to occur after Labor Day weekend. Thank you for your patience; we are nearing the end of this stage!
This week, crews paved stage 2. This stage area is anticipated to reopen to traffic early next week! Restoration will occur throughout the stage 2 area next week.
Weekly updates will be posted on the project website and sent out to those subscribed for project updates. If you have any concerns during construction, please reach out to the project email or hotline listed below. Be sure to sign up for project updates on the website at www.movingforward13-21.com.