CSAH 56 & CSAH 38 Improvements
The City of Long Prairie is undertaking a construction project to improve the city streets and utilities. The project includes reconstructing the streets and replacing sanitary sewer, water main, and storm sewer infrastructure.
- The 2022 construction area includes CSAH 38 (2nd Avenue SW) and many of the adjacent city streets.
- The 2023 construction area is anticipated to include the remaining city streets and CSAH 56 (Riverside Drive).
Click the image to view a larger version of the project map!
Click the image to view a larger version of the detour map!
The CSAH 38 area improvements are underway. Depending on progress made this summer, some of the city streets in this area may not be worked on until 2023. Construction in the CSAH 56 area is scheduled for 2023.
Week of May 2
- Removing trees throughout project
- Removing curbs, walks, driveways on 2nd Avenue SW
- Continue to set up temporary water system
- Continue to install dewatering system
Week of May 9
- Begin connecting houses to temporary water system
- Start pumping dewatering system
- Begin removing millings on east end of 2nd Avenue SW
Week of May 16
- Begin replacing utilities on east end of 2nd Avenue SW
Sign up for project updates!
What to Expect During Construction
What’s Under My Street?