The Opportunity Site: A New Downtown For Brooklyn Center
Click the links below to view recent meeting videos:
- Brooklyn Center City Council Environmental Assessment Presentation – May 24, 2021
- Entrepreneur Market Feasibility Study and Market Analysis Presentation – May 10
- Opportunity Site Presentation Series: Environmental Assessment Overview – May 24
- Opportunity Site Infrastructure Framework Discussion – June 7 Special Work Session
- Passcode: g6?9%fM0
- Resolution Authorizing a Community Engagement Pilot Program with Community Partners – June 28
The Draft Master Plan is Ready And We Need Your Input!
The City and its partners recently completed a draft Master Plan intended to guide the development of the Opportunity Site. The full draft plan can be viewed by visiting the Master Plan project page below. and offer your feedback on our interactive map.
Opportunity Site Project Updates – Fall 2020
The draft Master Plan for the Opportunity Site is complete and ready for public review and feedback. Read the plan and offer input by visiting the Master Plan project page HERE.
About the Opportunity Site
Meeting in a Box
The purpose of Meeting in a Box is to generate conversation and feedback from the community about the Brooklyn Center Opportunity Site. Anyone can host or facilitate a meeting – from an informal group of friends to a regularly scheduled meeting of a community institution. The Meeting in a Box Guidebook outlines a meeting approach, but the host can change or adapt the approach as needed to best fit the needs of the group. Resource materials are provided to supplement the guidebook.
To ensure that a group’s feedback is incorporated into the master planning process for the Opportunity Site, please submit completed worksheets (in the guidebook) by March 31, 2020 to Meg Beekman, Community Development Director, by email at email@example.com or connect with her by phone at 763-569-3305.
Printed copies of the Meeting in a Box materials are available! Please contact Meg Beekman.
- Participant Survey (paper)
- Participant Survey (online)
- Resource materials:
- Draft Opportunity Site Master Plan
- Opportunity Site Handout
- Key Terms
- Frequently Asked Questions about Becoming Brooklyn Center
- Defining Affordable Housing handout
- Demographic Data (2017)
- Phase I Public Engagement Summary
- Phase 2 Public Engagement Plan
- Opportunity Site presentation (Aug 2019)
- Mini Visual Preference Survey handout
- Brooklyn Center Development Guidelines
- Newsletter Fall 2019
- Location of Opportunity Site
Alatus LLC in partnership with the City of Brooklyn Center enlisted Twin Cities LISC’s Corridor Development Initiative (CDI) to facilitate a series of community workshops from March to May 2019 to identify development guidelines for the Brookdale Ford/Brookdale Square redevelopment site. The following report and recommendations summarize the results of this process.